NC State Dance Team Winter 2020 Clinic & Halftime Performance
February 16, 2020
10am-2pm Carmichael Gym, Courts 9 & 10, NC State University, Raleigh, NC
Halftime performance during the NC State Women's Basketball game v. Georgia Tech @2pm- Reynolds Coliseum, Raleigh, NC
$65, cash or check due the day of the clinic
Spend the day with the NC State Dance Team and learn gameday material as well as choreography to be performed during the half of the Women's Basketball game that afternoon.
Tickets to the Women's Basketball game for the performance can be purchased at www.gopack.com under the tickets header. When you click on "Buy Tickets," scroll down and enter the code "WBBDANCE" to purchase discounted tickets for the event.
Please complete the below registration form to secure your spot for the Winter 2020 Clinic and Halftime Performance!
NC State Dance Team Spring 2020 College Prep Clinic
March 15, 2020
10:30am-3pm Carmichael Gym, Courts 9 & 10, NC State University, Raleigh, NC
High School age and up
$50, cash or check due the day of the clinic
Spend the day learning what it takes to become a collegiate dancer. Members of the NC State Dance Team and their coaches will teach basic skills and dance technique, along with choreography in all three styles of dance needed at the collegiate level: Jazz, Pom, and Hip Hop.
Participants will also have an opportunity to speak with the current members and coaches during a Q&A session at the end of the day.
*It is highly recommended that you attend the prep clinic if you plan on auditioning for the NC State Dance Team.
Register at the form below!
NC State Dance Team Spring 2020 Auditions
April 25 & 26, 2020
10am-4pm Carmichael Gym, Court 4, NC State University, Raleigh, NC
GENERAL AUDITION INFORMATION
- All candidates must be full time students at NC State University for the 2020-2021 academic year. You will need to show proof of acceptance by providing your Student ID number on the day of tryouts.
- All candidates must fill out the Audition Registration Form at the link below.
- All candidates must be able to comply with the rules and responsibilities of being a member of the NC State Dance Team. These are outlined in the registration form.
- All auditions are closed to family and other spectators.
- Audition attire for the audition process consists of BLACK cropped dance top or sports bra with BLACK bottoms (pants, leggings, or shorts). Dance shoes must be worn at all times. Hair and make-up should reflect how you would look at a performance.
JUDGING PROCESS AND CRITERIA
- The NC State Dance Team coaching staff will be looking for well rounded dancers with outstanding technical skills, stage presence, and demonstrated proficiency in all three collegiate styles of dance (Pom, Jazz and Hip Hop). Please do not assume however, that a weakness in one area will disqualify you as a Dance Team member. The coaches are looking for dancers who are eager to learn and improve and will display a positive attitude at all times.
- Candidates will be judged on their technique, adaptation to our style, physical fitness, and memorization and should be able to perform the following skills:
- Short Jazz Dance (taught during the tryout)
- Triple and Quad Pirouettes
- Fouette turns/Elite combinations (at least 2 eight counts)
- Leaps in second (left and right)
- Switch Opens
- Chaine’ Open Leaps, calypsos, specialty jumps
- Leap/Turn Combinations
- Flexibility demos- Leg Hold Turns, Extension holds
- Hip Hop
- Short Hip Hop dance (taught during the tryout)
- Floor tricks (kip ups/headsprings/rubber band)
- Gameday material (taught during the tryout)
- Knowledge of cheer motions and motion placement
- Toe Touch and double toe touch
- Optional Skills- aerials, airborne tricks, other tumbling